Quickly gain an insightful overview of your upcoming fundraising season with our one-page “Set Goals for Your Next Fundraising Season Checklist.” No email required! Download it below.
It will help you define your goals for your upcoming fundraising season.
This checklist helps you to understand your overall funding needs with questions such as:
How much money is in the budget now?
How much money is estimated to be needed to fund all projects?
Are funds available from other sources, such as grants or donations?
Going through the questions on this checklist will help you make informed decisions to make your fundraising season successful. (More checklists here.)
Download it here as a PDF:
Set Goals for Your Next Fundraising Season
This checklist will help you define your goals so you can make informed decisions for your upcoming fundraising season. Tip: Save old checklists and refer to them when planning for future fundraising seasons.
Fundraising Cycle/Season: ___________________________________________________________
Fundraising Chairperson: ____________________________________________________________
Answer the following questions for your upcoming fundraising season or the entire year. This will help you gain an understanding of your overall funding needs.
• How much money is in the budget now? ______________________________________________
• Is any of this money dedicated to projects? _____________ How much? _____________________
• Is any of this money available to fund fundraising efforts? _________________________________
• How much money is estimated to be needed to fund all projects? ___________________________
• How much money is needed for operational costs? ______________________________________
• Have costs increased from previous years? __________ How much? ________________________
• Are funds available from other sources, such as grants or donations? ________________________
• How much money needs to be raised through fundraising? ________________________________
• How many fundraisers have we planned this year/season to meet our goals?
(Tip: Use our checklist “Planning for Your Fundraiser”)____________________________________
• What is the date that the money is needed for expenditures (in other words, what date do you need cash-in-hand for payment)? ______________________________________
• Estimate the time available for completing fundraising projects: _____________________________
Additional Notes:___________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________
We’d like to hear from you: What would you add to this checklist to make it even more useful? Please leave your suggestions in the comments below to share with others who are also looking to plan for their next fundraising season!
(More checklists here.)